May 10, 2006

The first days - here we are


Hey everybody, this is my fist post from Thailand. Uli and I arrived safely here. We flew seperately and in Bangkok he was suddenly standing behind me at the baggage claim. So the meeting-at-the-airport-plan worked out well. Except for the breakfast, which was saussage with scrambled eggs, mushrooms and ketchup (yes, good guess, I flew with British Airways) the flight was good. I had a seat at the emergency exit, my own row, and thus a lot of sleep. The first shock came when we left the Terminal...Hot weather, really humid, and bad air. A cab took us to our hotel, which is really nice as you could see on the pics under the link below. We have not seen so much yet because we do not know where to go and also had some nice experience with Thai beer the first night. The next day, which is today, we did not get up until 2p.m. because of the jetlack (of course :-). Tomorrow we have to get up at 5:30h because we visit the floating markets. So far we
used tuc-tucs to move around-exciting but a little bit dangerous I suppose. These are small three-wheeled cabs, open at every side. Now imagen south asian traffic, moving through it with some 60 or 70 kilometers per hour, with a buddist driver, believing the issue of re-incarnation...Anyway, we two are well of and close to falling to bed. Hope to hear from you guys, yours Jan - One more thing: Happy Birthday for my little sweetheart Sara. She finally turned 20 today (do not know why, but she has been waiting for that moment forever...:-) Love you

No comments: